1950 - 1959
A chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa national honor society is established at Clark. The first class of students are inducted the following year.
The Evening College of Clark University, now the College of Professional and Continuing Education, is established.
Professor Heinz Werner establishes the Institute for Human Development at Clark. It is renamed the Heinz Werner Institute for Developmental Psychology upon Werner's death in 1964.
The Jeppson Laboratory opens.
Jefferson Hall, located where the Higgins University Center now stands, opens with a mail room, bookstore and dining facilities.
A Student Union, complete with a soda fountain donated by alumni, is created in professor Hudson Hoagland's barn on Downing Street.