Apply to the Ph.D. Program
Download Application forms »
Completed applications must be submitted in paper form.
The deadline for applying is January 15.
Please be sure all completed materials are received by that date.
An application packet will contain the following materials:
- Graduate school application
- Personal statement outlining your academic interests and goals
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who know your academic qualifications
- Official transcript from each college/university attended
- Though not required, we strongly recommend that you take the GRE and have the scores sent to Clark. The school code is 3279.
- $60 non-refundable application fee
On-campus interviews of applicants, when practical, are encouraged, though not required. These interviews are at the discretion of the Graduate Program Director and normally occur after the application is submitted and before decisions are made. The Graduate Program Director will contact the applicant if an interview seems appropriate.
Please send your application to:
History Department, Clark University, 950 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610-1477. We will notify you by e-mail when your packet is received.
If you have any questions please contact:
Professor Wim Klooster, Director of History Graduate Program, at (508)421-3768 or e-mail, email@example.com.
You may also contact Diane Fenner, Department Assistant, at (508) 793-7288, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.