Center for Risk and Security Research
To advance knowledge from the fields of risk analysis and technological hazards management to address security issues such as: terrorism, disaster management, law and human rights, resource allocation, critical infrastructure, social dimensions of risk, and international trade security.
CURRENT RESEARCH AREAS
- Adaptive management and emergency response;
- Generalized resource allocation for security and protection - case of urban transportation;
- Risk and security frameworks for hazardous materials such as LNG, spent fuel, radiological, and nuclear materials;
- Models for public-private emergency coordination during disasters;
- Economic issues of global trade security;
- Building risk and security issues; and
- Risk perception and emergency evacuation issues.