History of Physics at Clark
- William A. Koelsch, Clark University, 1887-1987: A Narrative History (Worcester: Clark University Press, 1987).
- Dorothy Michelson Livingston, The Master of Light: A Biography of Albert A. Michelson (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1973).
- Melba Phillips, "Arthur Gordon Webster, Founder of the APS," Physics Today (June 1987): 48-52.
- Milton Lehman, This High Man: The Life of Robert H. Goddard (New York: Farrar, Straus and Company, 1963).
- History of the AAPT. "The person most instrumental in founding The American Physical Society was Arthur Gordon Webster of Clark University. He undertook the initial correspondence, and his name heads the list of physicists signing the letter of call for the first meeting."
- Additional information is also available in the Clark University Archives.
Please send comments and corrections to Roy Andersen.
Updated 16 September 1998