Graduate Assistant/Student Position Information
Graduate Assistant Student Positions
Several faculty and administrative office graduate assistant positions become available within GSOM each semester. These positions are hired on an hourly basis at a pay rate of $12 an hour, unless otherwise noted.
Available positions within GSOM are posted on the Jobs Directory. Be sure to click on the Graduate Jobs tab. A message is posted in the GSOM Digest when a new position becomes available.
Below are the guidelines for applying to these hourly positions. When applying:
- You must be a full-time GSOM student (taking 3 units or more) in good standing (which includes maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and not having any unpaid balances on your student account).
- Apply to a posted position no later than 4 pm E.S.T. (unless otherwise specified) on the date of the deadline included with that position. Late applications will not be considered.
- Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.
- Identify in the subject line of your email which position you are applying for. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a separate email with a cover letter and resume for each position that you are applying for.
- You will receive an email confirming the submission of your application(s).
- Please allow up to 3 weeks from the position deadline for notification of a decision on a posted position.
- Positions are assigned for 1 semester only.
- Students re-applying or interested in working in the same position for the next semester should consult with their supervisor (some exceptions on the 3 unit requirement may be approved by the GSOM Associate Dean, Academic & Student Services, if a student has served in the same position for multiple semesters).
Due to a University policy, all employees, including students, must have a bank account that will allow the direct deposit of paychecks. Any student who receives an offer letter for a posted position must show proof of this before his or her work authorization can be completed.
Please note: Most GA positions will not qualify as fulfilling the internship requirement for graduation. Contact the GSOM Stevenish Career Management Center at GSOMCareers@clarku.edu prior to the start of a GA position if you would like to ask about the requirement.
If you have any questions, please send them to GSOMGAPositions@clarku.edu.