Graduate School of Management
FAQ: Admissions and Test Scores
- What are your application requirements?
Along with your online application, the application requirements vary slightly by program. Specific requirements for your program can be found on our Graduate Admissions page. In general, you can expect to submit the following when applying to your program:
*For part-time applicants with 3 or more years of professional work experience, submission of GMAT or GRE scores is optional.
- Application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts from every institution you have attended
- Official score report for the GMAT or GRE*
- Official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS (international applicants only)
- Do I have to apply online?
We strongly encourage you to apply online. If this is not an option for you, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office.
- Is an interview required?
No, an interview is not required. However, we encourage you to attend one of our admissions events, or to schedule a personal meeting or campus visit. There are numerous convenient ways to connect with our staff.
- Will you consider my three-year bachelor's degree?
Yes, the Admissions Committee will consider applicants who hold a three-year undergraduate degree from an accredited international university.
- Can I defer my enrollment?
Yes, admitted students may defer enrollment for up to one academic year after your original application semester. A deposit will be required to secure your admission into the program. After one year, you will be required to re-apply to the program.
Tests and Score Requirements
- Will you accept the GRE in place of the GMAT?
Yes, we accept either the GMAT or the GRE test.
- Can I be exempt from submitting the GMAT or GRE?
Full-time applicants who hold a Ph.D., M.D. or J.D. from an accredited U.S. institution are exempt from submitting GMAT or GRE scores. All other full-time applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores to be considered for admission to our program.
Part-time applicants with 3 or more years of professional work experience are not required to submit GMAT or GRE scores.
- What is the minimum/average GMAT or GRE score?
We do not have a minimum GMAT score requirement. However, the average GMAT scores for 2016-17 were the following:
MBA Average GMAT: 506-FT; 530-PT.
MSA Average GMAT: 632.
MSF Average GMAT: 612.
- What is the minimum required undergradate grade point average (GPA)?
We do not have a required minimum GPA. However, our average GPA is 3.49.
- Will you accept the IELTS in place of the TOEFL?
For international applicants: Yes, we accept either the TOEFL or the IELTS test.
- What is the minimum required TOEFL or IELTS score?
For international applicants: The minimum required TOEFL score is 577 on the paper-based test or 90 on the Internet-based test. The minimum required overall score for the IELTS is 6.5.
- Can I be exempt from submitting the TOEFL or IELTS?
For international applicants: Exemptions are rare. However, if you are an international applicant whose native language is English, or you have studied for at least 2 years (50% of undergraduate academic credits) in the United States, you may be exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS requirement. The citizens of the following countries are exempt from submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score report: Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British West Indies, Canada except Quebec, England, Ghana, Guam, Ireland, Mauritius, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Virgin Islands, and Wales. Please contact us if this describes your case.