Graduate School of Management
Graduate School of Management (GSOM) - General FAQ
- Is Clark University Graduate School of Management accredited?
- Yes. Clark GSOM is one of the few institutions of its size to have its business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International (AACSB-International), placing it among the top 10% of business schools worldwide. We are also continuously recognized by the Princeton Review as one of the Best Business Schools in the country.
- What does your AACSB International accreditation mean?
- AACSB International, or the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, is an organization committed to advancing quality management education worldwide. This accreditation is the highest a business program can receive, and both our undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited. Our educational programs and faculty continually meet the highest standards of achievement to maintain this accreditation status.
- Where is the Graduate School of Management located?
- Clark GSOM is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, the second largest city in New England. The school is situated in Central Massachusetts, about an hour from Boston, Providence, Hartford, and three hours from New York City. The city is known for its burgeoning biotechnology and engineering industries, and maintains an established foothold in education, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- What is the GSOM Metrowest Campus and where is it located?
- The Graduate School of Management Metrowest Campus is a satellite location in Southborough, Massachusetts, conveniently situated between Worcester and Boston. It is located at the intersection of Route 9 and Route 495, both major routes in the state of Massachusetts. Both part-time and full-time students may take courses at Clark's Metrowest Campus.
Internships and Careers
- Are there internships available for GSOM students?
- Most of our students take part in an education-enhancing internship. The The Stevenish Career Management Center at the Graduate School of Management offers a suite of services, including internship assistance, to all of our students, partnering with you during your studies to help direct your career development.
- Where are your graduates employed?
- Our alumni are employed with prominent companies and organizations throughout the world, including Ernst & Young, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Deloitte, and JP Morgan Chase. Other alumni have significant roles with Reebok International, the World Bank, Bain Capital, UMass Medical Center, Fidelity Investments, U.S. Department of Revenue, and Environmental Defense Fund. The Stevenish Career Management Center can provide additional information on our alumni employment.
Clark's History Through Today
- When was Clark University founded?
- Clark University is a liberal arts research institution with a long and rich history. Founded in 1887, the university has remained purposefully small in order to encourage collaboration between students and faculty. The Graduate School of Management at Clark University was founded in 1982 to serve working professionals seeking graduate-level business education.
- How many graduate students currently attend Clark University and the Graduate School of Management?
- There are 976 graduate students attending Clark University, with approximately 300 of those students attending the Graduate School of Management. On campus, in total, there are 3,224 undergraduate and graduate students.
- What opportunities do students have to study abroad?
- Studying abroad is an option for students, pending advisor approval. See our Global Experience page for more information on the choices our students have to travel and study in a foreign counrty.