Research at the Graduate School of Management
Clark GSOM faculty are actively engaged in conducting, presenting, and publishing research that advances our knowledge of important financial, social, economic, and environmental issues relevant to management best practices. Our faculty includes investment market experts, portfolio managers, analysts, applied researchers, and executives whose research aims to advance management theory and practice.
GSOM faculty have recently presented or published numerous works on such topics as alternative investments; factors influencing purchasing decisions; strengthening health care organizations; managing workplace diversity; protecting employee rights and enhancing employee well-being; strengthening corporate environmental sustainability practices; improving government effectiveness; and enhancing linkages between universities and their communities.
- Chaison, G. (2012). The New Collective Bargaining. New York: Springer.
- Schneeweis, T., R. Spurgin, and E. Szado (2013) Managed Futures Research: A Composite CTA Performance Review, The Journal of Alternative Investments, 15 (3)
- Joardar, A. Wu, S. & Chen, S. (2013) The impact of national culture and type of entrepreneurs on outsourcing. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal. 1-17 DO1: 10.1007/s 11365-012-0247-7.
- Kopalle, P., Kannan, P.K., Boldt, L., Arora, N. (2012) The Impact of Household Level Heterogeneity in Reference Price Effects on Optimal Retailer Pricing Policies, Journal of Retailing, 88 (1), 102-114
- Coulter, Keith S. and Anne L. Roggeveen (2012) Deal or No Deal: How Time-to-Expiration Purchase Limit and Number of Buyers Impact Purchase Decisions on Group Buying Websites, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 6 (2), pp.78-95
- Deal, J. J., Stawiski, S., Graves, L. M., Gentry, W. A., Ruderman, M. . & Weber, T. (2012) Perceptions of authority and leadership: A cross-national, cross-generational investigation. In E. Ng, S. Lyons, & L. Schweitzer (Eds.), Managing the New Workforce: International Perspectives on the Millennial Generation. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- Graves, L. M., Ruderman, M. N., Ohlott, P. J., & Weber, T. (2012) Driven to Work and Enjoyment of Work: Effects on Managers’ Outcomes. Journal of Management, 38, 1655-1680.
- Pantalone, C., McCarthy, J. Elsass, P.M. (2011) Differences in Asset Accumulation Between Early and Late Baby Boomers, Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives, 37 (2), 95-108.
- Weisang, G., Roncalli, T., (2011) Tracking Problems, Hedge Fund Replication and Alternative Beta, Journal of Financial Transformation, 31, pp.19-29
- Seol, I., Sarkis, J., and Lefley, F. (2011) Factor Structure of the Competency Framework for Internal Auditing (CFIA) Skills for Entering Level Internal Auditors, International Journal of Auditing, 15 (3), 217-230
- Weinberger, Edward D. (2015). "Probabilistic Accounting: the need, the difficulty, and a quick win," Bloomberg Quant (BBQ) Seminar "Lightning" Talk, New York City, August 27, 2015.
- Coulter, Keith S. and Anne Roggeveen (2013) "String Theory in Pricing: How Combinations of Regular Price, Sale Price, Absolute Savings, and Relative Discount Impact Number Liking and Purchase Intentions," American Marketing Association Summer Educators Conference 2013, Boston, MA
- Bigelow, B., Elsass, P.M., Arndt, M. (2012) "The Global Business Seminar: Understanding Difference Through Dialogue," Eastern Academy of Management Proceedings, Philadelphia, PA