Office of Multicultural and First Generation Student Support
- Meet with Academic Advisor and view the graduation requirements
- Review your degree plan.
- Review your core courses.
- Improve your GPA. Take advantage of workshops offered to improve your study skills, time management, and any other problems or issues.
- Attend workshops organized by Office of Multicultural and First Generation Student Support.
Involvement and Leadership Development
- Update resume and have it reviewed by Career Services. Walk-in hours are available every day from 12–4 for quick resume and cover letter questions.
- Attend career-related seminars on resume writing, interviewing, job search strategies. Check the LEEP Center weekly emails for events.
- Explore interests, abilities, and skills through seminars and academic courses.
- Visit the "How to guides" offered by Career Services.
- Explore part-time, internship or summer work opportunities.
- Talk to people in careers of particular interest.
- Seek internships related to academic major.
- Search for on-campus employment.
- Continue to build your professional network.
- Print professional business cards for yourself.
- The first step, which is also mandatory, to learning about Study Abroad is to attend a SA 101 Info Session. The dates can be found here.
- Work with your Financial Aid Counselor to make sure you are on track.
- View the merit-based scholarships offered by Clark
- Check out our scholarship page for institutional scholarships and third-party scholarships you may be eligible to receive.
- Create a personal budget. Review and update it regularly.
- Learn about potential Graduate school programs. Start with professional associations in your area of interest and general sites like gradschools.com.
- Attend an "Applying to Graduate School" workshop.
- Know the difference between the GRE, GMAT, MCAT and LSAT.
- Register and take the appropriate admission prep course and test.
- Review requirements for applications and deadlines.
- Take advantage of resources on campus to help with the graduate school application process - http://www.clarku.edu/offices/career/students/graduate/index.cfm