Accounts Payable Office
Online Budget Reports
There are two methods available to view your budget reports online:
- Self-Service Finance, viewed through the CUWeb portal, is the easiest and fastest way to view online budget reports. To access CUWeb, go to cuweb.clarku.edu. Using your Clark username and password, simply log in and go to Finance and Budgets.
- Banner, Clark's main administrative system. Using your Banner username and password, log on to prodinb.clarku.edu.
Both methods of viewing budgets require that you have an active Banner account. If you do not currently have a Banner account but would like to access your budgets online, complete the PDF Form and send it to Becky Frieden in ITS.
Go to instructions for: Viewing Budgets in CUWeb
Instructions for Viewing Budgets in CUWeb
Access to Self-Service Finance through CUWeb is controlled in the same manner as Banner finance access, using a combination of FUND and ORGN security.
How to View the Budgets in CUWeb
Budget queries in CUWeb begin in the Budget Query section of Finance and Budgets. Budget Status by
- Organizational Hierarchy ,
- Budget Quick Query
are the three choices of types of queries. You can also choose a previously saved query by using the Retrieve Existing Query drop down menu. Budget Status by Account is often the best choice for both summary and detail data.
- When you click the Create Query or Retrieve Query button, you have the
opportunity to choose the columns of data you would like to see in your report. It is
recommended that you choose a minimum of Accounted Budget, Year to Date and Available
Balance. You can add other columns if you like.
- After hitting the Continue button, you have the opportunity to refine your
query by Fiscal Year, Fiscal Period (14 for all periods), and Org or Grant number. You
must enter either an Org or a Grant number in this section, but do not have to limit it
by fund. A blank fund box will return all funds. You also have the opportunity
to compare against previous Fiscal Years. If you choose to do so, you must also enter
the Comparison Fiscal Period (and it must be the same period as Fiscal Period). You may
choose to include or exclude revenue accounts by checking or unchecking the Include Revenue
- When you hit the Submit Query button, you will now see the Organization Budget
Status Report. Only 15 rows appear at a time, so to view more rows, you must click
the Next 15 box at the bottom of the report. You many also download this information to Excel
by clicking the Download All Columns, Download Selected Columns, or Retrieve and Report
All Ledger Detail by Orgn buttons. Download All will give you all the columns from
step A. Download Selected will only extract the few that
you have chosen (likely to be Accounted Budget, Year to Date and Available
Balance for most people), and Retrieve and Report All will extract all your
funds into one excel sheet, including sub-totals. Excel will open in a
popup window, so popup blockers for this page must be turned off. NOTE: once excel opens, do not close it - use the Back button or you
will be logged out of CUWeb.
- To see more detail on any given account, simply click the link in that row
under the column you desire to see information for (most likely Year to Date), and you
will be taken to all the transactions for that particular account via the Organization
Budget Status Detail Report.
- You can view the details for any given Document Code by clicking on the blue link in the Document Code column. In the Detail Transaction Report, click the Document Code again and you will see the actual invoice or journal voucher information.
On several pages in Self-Serve Finance, you have the opportunity to Save Query As. By putting a name in that box and clicking the button, you will be able to save queries that you use all the time. You may also share your query with others by checking the Shared box. However, note that once shared, your query name will appear for everyone using CUWeb. It is recommended that you choose a query name wisely so that you are able to easily retrieve it each time. Although others will be able to see your query name, they will not be able to run your query unless they have security privileges to that fund/org combination.
When you are finished viewing budget information in CUWeb, make certain to Exit or close your browser to protect your data.