Dean of Students

Red Square Clark University Worcester MA

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Where is the Dean of Students Office located?
We are located at the Alumni and Student Engagement Center on the second floor.

2. Why would I need to see a dean?
The Dean of Students Office is often the first place you should look towards to discuss any issues you may be having; whether it is about student life at Clark or any personal issues that you would like to discuss with someone. Students looking to withdraw from the University or take a leave of absence should also meet with a dean. If we are not the right place for you, we can serve as a resource for you and connect you with the right people.

3. How can I see one of the deans?
You can call 508-793-7423 or stop by to schedule an appointment with a dean.

4. Whom do I talk to about changing my classes?
You should contact the Registrar's Office or Academic Advising.

5. Where can I get a copy of my transcript?
You can request a copy of your transcripts from The Registrar's Office. A Transcript Request form can be obtained on-line.

6. I have been scheduled for jury duty, who do I contact to send a letter to my town?
The Registrar's Office can supply a student with a letter stating that you are a full-time student. The Enrollment Verification Form can be obtained on-line.

7. I want to take a Leave of Absence. What steps do I need to take?
Your first step should be to set up a meeting with a dean in the Dean of Students Office. They will guide you in the process, if you decide that is the path you would like to take.

8. What is the process if I am considering transferring?
The first step is to make an appointment with the Dean of Students to discuss your individual circumstance. If after the meeting with the Dean you decide to transfer, the school to which you are applying may require a Dean or Registrar Report as part of your application. The form should be printed and sent to the Dean of Student's office for completion. Note: Clark has opted out of electronic reports through the Common Application and will not accept electronic Transfer Registrar Report requests. Please include an addressed envelope with the form so that we are sure to send it to the appropriate school address. You will be required to send your official transcript from Clark; you can find more information about the transcript ordering process on the Registrar's website.

9. When is Week One Orientation in the Fall?
Week One Orientation is the week before the first semester begins. Orientation information is available at their website.