Residential Life and Housing

resident hall common area

Returning to University Housing

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the housing requirements?
Please be reminded that students with first year and sophomore status are required by the University to live on campus unless commuting from home (home must be within 25 miles or 30 minutes from Clark and you must be living with your parents/guardians ONLY). If you are interested in appealing the housing requirements, please contact the RLH Office at (508) 793-7453 for more information.

How do I get on-campus housing after my leave from Clark?
If you wish to apply for University housing for the Spring 2014 Semester, you will need to do the following:

  • Complete the online Spring Housing Request Form
  • Review the Housing Contract  (you do not need to submit a copy as you agree to the terms of the contract by submitting the Housing Request Form)
  • All forms must be submitted (electronically) to RLH by December 2, 2013

What if I want to live with someone already in campus housing?
If you know someone with a current vacancy or an anticipated vacancy for the Spring 2014 semester, please indicate your interest in living with them in your spring housing request form. We encourage you to inform any person with whom you would like to live that through Monday, December 2nd, 2013 the RLH Office will be holding "Pull-In Days". These days provide the opportunity for a student currently living in Clark housing to pull you into their confirmed vacant space. The current on-campus student must submit an online Roommate Request Form to request you as their new roommate. (Singles and entirely open doubles do not apply during Pull-in Days unless they are within a suite or apartment).

What if I want to live with someone currently away/abroad?
In your Spring Housing Request Form, please indicate the name of the student(s) you wish to live with, and indicate that they are currently away/abroad.  Be sure that those students also submit a Spring Housing Request Form indicating they wish to live with you as well.

How are assignments made over the winter break?
You will be assigned to a space in University housing only after we receive your submitted Spring Housing Request.  Please be aware that the housing contract you agree to by submitting that request is a binding commitment for University Housing for the Spring 2014 Semester. Once the RLH Office has all of the housing paperwork, assignments will be made based on the information you provide us in the request. Please indicate more than one choice on the registration form, as available spaces may be limited. We cannot guarantee the availability of single or double-buy out rooms. You will receive information about your housing assignment around Wednesday, January 8, 2014 sent to your Clark University email account.

When can I move in to University Housing in the Spring semester?
The residence halls/houses open at 9:00AM on Sunday, January 12, 2014. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Residential Life and Housing at 508.793.7453.