Spring 2016 RA Selection Information
Residential Life and Housing is pleased to announce that it will be running a mini RA selection for the Spring 2016 semester. We believe that being a Resident Adviser is one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences that Clark can offer you. The information contained on this website and in the Job Description below will allow you to think critically about the Resident Adviser position and prepare for the application process. If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email Jessica Looney, Assistant Director of Residence Life, at email@example.com; call us at 508-793-7453; stop by our office; or talk to your Hall Director or Area Coordinator. RA Job Description.
RA Selection Timeline:
October 29, 2015: Application goes live on the RLH website
November 3, 2015: Info Session 6pm, Laurie Conference Room
November 9, 2015: All completed applications must be submitted by 5pm
November 11, 12, 13, 2015- Individual Interviews
November 17, 2015- Decision letters will be emailed to candidates
November 23, 2015- Position agreements due by 5pm.
To be considered an eligible candidate for an RA position, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time, registered student in the University’s Undergraduate Academic Program.
- In good academic standing (not on academic probation) with minimum semester and cumulative GPAs of 2.5 or greater.
- Will have completed a minimum of two full semesters of undergraduate coursework (at least one being at Clark) by the start of the fall semester.
- In good disciplinary standing (not currently on disciplinary probation).
Resident Advisers receive a room waiver for the room cost of their room and board package. The room cost covers all utilities such as cable, internet, heat and water, and local telephone service. A stipend of $400 per semester for new staff members will be paid biweekly or at the end of each semester. RAs do not receive meal plan compensation. Please note that this compensation is considered a financial resource and financial aid candidates selected as RA’s may have an adjustment made in the self-help category of their aid packet. It is strongly recommended that you make an appointment with your financial aid counselor to discuss how this position would affect your financial aid package. Financial status is not considered as a factor in the selection of Resident Advisers.
RA Application Process
- Complete Application: Submit your application with resume attached by 5:00PM on Monday No. 9th, 2015 (incomplete or late applications will disqualify a candidate from continuing in the selection process).
- Schedule an Interview: If you are selected to continue as a candidate after applications have been reviewed, you will be contacted via email by Thursday, November 10th and instructed to schedule an individual interview. Interviews will be happening right after this so you will want to be sure to sign up quickly. Interviews will be happening Nov. 11-13th.
In the electronic application, you will be required to upload an up-to-date copy of your resume outlining any educational and employment experiences you have had. Assistance in creating and updating a resume can be obtained from Career Services: clarku.edu/career or call 508-793-7258.
You must list two individuals who can attest to your involvement in the Clark community and/or your performance as an employee (such as a past or current supervisor, administrator, coach, adviser, etc.). When you submit your application, your references will be emailed with a link to the on-line recommendation form. Please note that your references' responses on the recommendation are confidential.
It is highly advised that you notify your references about your application for the RA position and intent to use them as references before submitting the application.
Ready to begin? Apply to be a Resident Adviser!