International Students and Scholars Office

Clark students

Helpful Forms

Change of Address

While you are studying on a Clark-sponsored F-1 or J-1 visa, you must keep ISSO up-to-date with your current address at all times. You should report any address changes within 10 days of the change. 

All international students must report a change of address to the ISSO office. Please fill out this change of address form and email it to

Scholars if you hold a Visa Status of H, O or TN you need to notify ISSO of any changes and also fill out a AR-11 at

Reporting Requirements while on OPT

Students on Optional Practical Training (OPT) must report their address and employment to ISSO.  Any change in address or employment should be reported to ISSO with the online OPT Employment Reporting form within 10 days of the change. 

As of June 26, 2017, all post-completion OPT address and employment changes should be updated using the online form. 


Reporting Requirements while on STEM OPT extension

Students on the STEM OPT extension must make a validation report to ISSO every six months starting from the date the extension begins and ending when the student's F-1 status ends.  The validation is a confirmation that the student's name and address, employer name and address, and/or loss of employment is current and accurate.  Students must also submit the Form I-983 Evaluation of Student Progress at month 12 and again at the end of their STEM OPT extension.  ISSO will contact students individually via e-mail when these reports are due. Students must reply to the DSO within 10 business days.  Additional details about the STEM OPT extension and the Form I-983 can be found on Study in the States.

Program Extension

An international student who has been maintaining status may apply for a program extension. Immigration regulations specifically allow for extensions when delays were caused by valid academic or medical reasons. Delays resulting from academic probation or suspension are not acceptable reasons. Students will be considered out of status if they: (1) do not extend their I-20/DS-2019 before the expiration date, OR (2) cannot complete their program of study by the I-20/DS-2019 expiration date and are ineligible for an extension. An international student who wishes to extend her/ his I-20/DS-2019 must apply for a new form at least 30 days before the current document expires.

Transfer Forms

If you are planning to transfer to another institution, or if you will go on to complete further studies at another school after completing your degree at Clark, you will need to complete a Transfer out form. This form gives us permission to transfer your SEVIS record to your new school.  Filling out and returning this form is the final step in the transfer process.

W-7 Form for ITIN

In order to file taxes each year, you need to have a Social Security Number issued by the U.S. government.  If you did not working and were not eligible for an SSN, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number [ITIN] number to fill out your paperwork.  You can apply for an ITIN by filling out the W-7 form [PDF].