International Students and Scholars Office

Clark students

Travel and Re-entry

For F-1 Students on Optional Practical Training

If you have F-1 Optional Practical Training you must also carry your Employment Authorization Card (EAD) and letter of employment (dates should not exceed OPT end date). If you are not employed you should contact the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) to discuss whether or not traveling overseas is advisable. Your I-20 must have been signed within the six-month period prior to your reentry to the U.S.

If you are planning to travel during the last 6 months of your OPT dates, please consult with The ISSO for advice.