Study Abroad with Clark University
Studying abroad/away expands credit-bearing educational opportunities beyond the Worcester campus by providing students with classroom and experiential opportunities in over 50 programs around the globe. Students begin the journey by attending a Study Abroad 101 Information Session and the fall Study Abroad Fair. Program/location-specific information is available via the drop-down below. After attending the info session and reviewing the programs, students should discuss their plans with their Faculty Advisor and a Study Abroad Advisor. Come by for Drop-In Hours, call 508-793-7363 to schedule an appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We're hiring! Interested in applying for the Director of Study Abroad and Away Programs? Learn more.
Drop-in hours are from 12-2, Monday through Friday, on the first floor of the ASEC Building. Please check-in at the front desk. We look forward to seeing you!
Fall 2017 & 2017-18 study abroad applications due February 15, 2017
If you have not met with an advisor in the Study Abroad Office, please call 508-793-7363 to schedule an office or phone appointment. Be sure to discuss your plans with your department major Faculty Advisor.
Orientations, Events, and Meetings
- October 19, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Study Abroad 101 Information Session
- November 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Study Abroad 101 Information Session
- Spring Semester Sessions - to be announced
Students are required to attend a Study Abroad 101 info session before scheduling an appointment with a study abroad advisor.
- September 15 - Study Abroad application - Clark approval to study abroad for spring 2017
- September 15 - Study Abroad Program-specific application for admission - Irregardless of the programs' deadlines, students should submit the program application deadline by this date.
- Early October - Gilman Scholarship Application for Spring and Summer Study Abroad
- Early February - Boren Scholarship Application becomes available in late August - exact date TBA
- February 15 - Study Abroad application deadline for Clark approval to study abroad for fall 2017 and academic year 2017-18
- Early March - Gilman Scholarship Application for Fall and Full Year Abroad
Student Travel Resources
- LGBT Student Guide for Education Abroad
- US State Department - Smart traveling tips
- Center for Disease Control
* Health Notice: There has been some inquiry about the Zika virus that has been in the news recently. Currently no Clark-affiliated programs have issued any cancellations. Our students' health and safety are of primary concern to us, as it is to our affilated programs. For up-to-date information on the virus and other international health-related issues, please reference the US Center for Disease Control (CDC). Additional information is provided by the World Health Organization (WHO).