Study Abroad with Clark University
Studying abroad/away expands credit-bearing educational opportunities beyond the Worcester campus by providing students with academic, research, internship, and cultural opportunities in over 50 programs around the globe. Students begin the journey by attending a Study Abroad 101 Information Session and the fall Study Abroad Fair. Program/location-specific information is available via the drop-down below. After attending the info session and reviewing the programs, students are ready to discuss their plans with their Faculty Advisor and Study Abroad Advisor and narrow their program selection to one that best matches match personal and professional goals. Come by for Drop-In Hours, call 508-793-7363 to schedule an appointment, or email email@example.com if you have questions.
We're hiring! Interested in applying for the Director of Study Abroad and Away Programs? Learn more.
Drop-In Hours will resume in the Fall Semester. During summer break please call the office to schedule an appointment or email the office. We are always happy to help.
Spring 2017 study abroad applications due September 15, 2016
If you have not met with an advisor in the Study Abroad Office, please call 508-793-7363 to schedule an office or phone appointment. Be sure to discuss your plans with your department major Faculty Advisor.
Orientations, Events, and Meetings
- August 31, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Spring 2017 Study Abroad Application Q&A
- September 7 - 2:00-3:00, ASEC Building, Rm. 313, Gilman Scholarship Information Session
- September 21, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Study Abroad 101 Information Session
October 5 - 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Tilton Hall, Univesity Center - STUDY ABROAD FAIR
- October 19, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Study Abroad 101 Information Session
- November 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Jefferson 218 - Study Abroad 101 Information Session
Students are required to attend a Study Abroad 101 info session before scheduling an appointment with a study abroad advisor.
- September 15 - Study Abroad application - Clark approval to study abroad for spring 2017
- September 15 - Study Abroad Program-specific application for admission - Irregardless of the programs' deadlines, students should submit the program application deadline by this date.
- Early October - Gilman Scholarship Application for Spring and Summer Study Abroad
- Early February - Boren Scholarship Application becomes available in late August - exact date TBA
- February 15 - Study Abroad application deadline for Clark approval to study abroad for fall 2017 and academic year 2017-18
- Early March - Gilman Scholarship Application for Fall and Full Year Abroad
Student Travel Resources
- LGBT Student Guide for Education Abroad
- US State Department - Smart traveling tips
- Center for Disease Control
* Health Notice: There has been some inquiry about the Zika virus that has been in the news recently. Currently no Clark-affiliated programs have issued any cancellations. Our students' health and safety are of primary concern to us, as it is to our affilated programs. For up-to-date information on the virus and other international health-related issues, please reference the US Center for Disease Control (CDC). Additional information is provided by the World Health Organization (WHO).