The Application Process
Don't forget that for ALL programs, you will have to fill out two different applications:
1. Clark-specific approval applicaton (instructions on this page)
2. Program-specific application for admissions (found on specific program page websites)
Many of your documents can be used for both and both should be submitted by the Clark deadlines.
Before beginning the application process, we also encourage you to speak with the following offices:
- Student Accounts
- Financial Assistance
- Student Accessibility Services or CGE (as applicable)
STEP 1: Gather Materials
Download and read the full Instruction Sheet BEFORE beginning your application!
Before submitting your application, you will need to complete the following steps (read the Instruction Sheet for further details)
1. Meet with your faculty advisor to complete your "Course Credit Approval Form"
3. Write a 1-2 page long essay (instructions included above)
4. Pay the application Fee
5. Download your unofficial Clark transcript
6. Faculty reference form (may also use program reference for both applications)
7. Find/apply for/renew your passport
Make sure your name is on each document and submit to Study Abroad with the following forms:
Resume (recommended to you visit Career Services for review)
Copy of Passport photo page (valid six months beyond your program end date)
- Senior Statement (if studying abroad in your senior year)
- Language proficiency report copy, if required by your program, should also be submitted with Clark application
STEP 2: Ready to Apply?
Applications will be accepted beginning September 1, until 5pm on Friday, September 15th.
STEP 3: After Approval
- Notification of Clark's approval to study abroad can be expected within three within three weeks after submissing a complete application. Notification will be sent via email to your Clark email address.
Notification of admission to your program abroad
- Host universities or program providers notify students on their official admission to the program, usually via email. Once accepted by your host program, you will receive several emails providing additional information and requesting completion of forms. Submit requested information and forms as soon as possible. Do not wait for deadlines as this can be a problem in the event there are unforeseen delays. After you are admitted to the program abroad, the program becomes your main contact for questions and concerns. The Clark Study Abroad staff is available for support if you need additional assistance.
Keep in Mind...
- Program specific requirements should be submitted directly to program.
- Clark recommends keeping a copy of all approval and application forms and documents.
Summer Study Abroad Application
Application due: March 15
Clark does not currently offer Clark-partner programs in the summer. However, students wishing to study abroad in the summer may apply for approval of transfer credit. Before applying for summer study abroad, please read Clark's Policy on Summer Study Abroad. Note that Clark financial aid is not applied during summer study abroad.
STEP 1: Program Pre-Approval
Before submitting your application, you will need to identify a suitable program that you wish to apply for. You must submit a program pre-approval form to Study Abroad. Programs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Courses and credit hours
- Accrededation of institution/University of Record
- Location of program
Once you have identified a program, you should subm
- Meet with your faculty advisor to complete your "Course Credit Approval Form"
- Write a 2-3 paragraph essay describing the following:
- What is your primary motivation for studying abroad in your chosen location and what do you expect to gain from the experience?
- How will your study abroad support your personal, academic and longer-term professional goals?
- What challenges do you anticipate and how do you plan to overcome them?
- Pay the application Fee
- Download your unofficial Clark transcript
- If applicable:
• Language proficiency report copy, if required by your program, should also be submitted with Clark application
• Resume (if Internship program; recommended to you visit Career Services for review)
• Copy of Passport photo page (valid 6 months past your program end date; if renewing write “renewal in process” on application)
STEP 2: Ready to Apply!
- Application Form
- Health & Disability Management Form
- Transfer Credit Approval Form
- Signed policy on Summer Abroad
- Unofficial Transcript
- Copy of the photo page of your passport
- Confirmation of $100 payment
Applications are due on March 15th. Only complete applications will be accepted.