Internet Reference Sources
Ready Reference Sources: Phonebooks, dictionaries, encyclopedias, MLA and APA guides, currency converter, and other sources.
Access to these resources is restricted to the Clark University domain (140.232.*.*). Clark faculty, staff, and students with domain accounts may access these databases remotely.
- NeighborhoodScout - geographic search engine --Search for and compare U.S. neighborhoods using Census, Crime, and Educational Data
- Fedstats -- various U.S. Government agencies' statistics
- Statistical Abstract of the United States -- current and earlier editions back to 1995.
- U.S. Bureau of Census - American FactFinder
- U.S. Bureau of Census - Data Access Tools - create maps, use gazeteers, etc.
- World Development Indicators: more than 700 development indicators, with time series for 207 countries and 18 country groups from 1960 to the present, where data are available.
- County and City Data Book 2000 and County and City Data Book 2007
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
- UnionStats.com -- Union Membership and Coverage Database from the CPS (Current Population Survey)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook 2010-2011
- 1990 Census Public Use Microdata Samples (PUMS)
- Worcester Community Indicators -- U.S. Census data by tract (from Clark University!)
- Cost-of-Living Calculator from the American Institute for Economic Research
- Historical U.S. Census Data Browser -- 1790 to 1960
- General Social Survey
- ChildStats.gov -- access to statistics and reports on children and their families, including: population and family characteristics, economic security, health, behavior and social environment, and education.
- TranStats: The Intermodal Transportation Database (from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics)
- State of the Cities Data Systems -- from HUD's Office of Policy Development and Research
- State & Local Sourcebook -- from Governing.com
World Population Data
- U.N. Population Information Network
- U.N. Population Division: World Population Prospects Database
- Population Reference Bureau
- U.S. Census Bureau International Data Base
- Migration Information Source
- UNHCR (UN High Commissioner for Refugees)
- WHO Statistical Information System -- international data from the World Health Organisation
- U.S. National Center for Health Statistics -- from the CDC
- Links to Other Sources for Health Information