Studio Art


Internships and Study Abroad and Away

Clark's Office of Career Services can help you find an internship tailored to your interests.

The Sara Bickman Music and Arts Summer Internship for Undergraduates. This award provides financial support for summer internships for undergraduate students majoring in the Visual and Performing Arts. Awards are made to students in their junior year for projects to be conducted between their junior and senior years. Applications are made on behalf of students by sponsoring faculty members. Contact Christina McGovern. Zoe Cohen used her internship award to fund production of a video called "Meals of Marin."

Gallery Internship. A number of students are selected each year to be gallery interns in the Traina Center's Schiltkamp Gallery, Clark's main gallery space. Gallery interns help plan, install and dismantle exhibits. If exhibit artists live locally, interns often have an opportunity to interact with them and visit their studios. Interns can arrange to received course credit or participate as a paid intern.

Steinbrecher Fellowship. V&PA students can also apply to the Steinbrecher Fellowship Program, designed to encourage, support and fund the pursuit of original ideas, creative research, public service or enrichment projects by Clark undergraduate students from any major. Read about Sarah Reardon, who received funding to support painting diversity at Clark and Chris Miller, who used his fellowship to produce a book about an abandoned industrial facility in Worcester. (Sarah and Chris received Anton Fellowships, a precursor to the Steinbrecher Program.)

Study Abroad and Away

The opportunity to observe first hand the artistic contributions of other cultures can be of immense benefit to students in the Visual and Performing Arts.

London Internship. Clark's one-semester London Internship Program gives students an opportunity to combine an internship in a field of their choice with coursework. Read about Zoe Cohen '07 who interned at a television studio.

The V&PA major interested in studying abroad should consult early on with his or her advisor and the Study Abroad and Away Office to coordinate a program with the requirements of the major.